What are they?
Multifocal lenses are a convenient solution for people who have trouble seeing both close up and far away.
Multifocals make it easier to view at a variety of distances without the need to constantly switch between your reading glasses and distance glasses. With multifocals you have everything you need in one pair! You can watch tv, read a book and go for a drive, all with the same pair of glasses.
Get the best of both worlds with our selection of multifocal lenses customised to your needs.
How do they work?
Our multifocal lenses give you the ability to see clearly at three different distances, combining both your distance and reading prescriptions, allowing you to read and view with clarity up-close and far away.
Multifocal glasses have a smooth and seamless transition between prescriptions which is different to bifocals where the lens is broken up into separate segments.
It may take time to get used to, from a few days to a few weeks, in order to comfortably adjust to the different distances around you.
Multifocal Lens Types
Selecting the right pair of multifocal lenses for you depends on your lifestyle, prescription and needs.
At Oscar Wylee, we offer three different types of multifocal lenses which you can choose at an additional cost on top of your Standard Optical Glasses selection.
- Some degree of soft focus at the edge of your vision
- Good for occasional glasses use
- Ideal for those on a budget
1 pair with Standard Multifocal
+ $ 0
2 pairs with Standard Multifocal
+ $ 50
3 pairs with Standard Multifocal
+ $ 100
- Wider field of clear vision
- Ideal for those who wear glasses in the office, especially for computer work
- Easier adjustment than standard multifocal lenses
1 pair with Premium Multifocal
+ $ 100
2 pairs with Premium Multifocal
+ $ 150
3 pairs with Premium Multifocal
+ $ 200
- Very wide field of clear vision
- All-rounder lens for modern lifestyle demands, and a lot of computer work
- Provides more natural and comfortable vision
1 pair with Elite Multifocal
+ $ 200
2 pairs with Elite Multifocal
+ $ 250
3 pairs with Elite Multifocal
+ $ 300
Tips for wearing multifocal glasses
Getting used to a new pair of multifocals can be difficult, especially if this is your first pair. But there are some tips that can help you settle into your new glasses quicker and easier.
- Wear your new glasses as much as possible. This will encourage your eyes to adapt to your new lenses.
- If difficult to wear initially, try wearing the new glasses at home in a comfortable and familiar environment to help build confidence.
- Try not to switch back to your old glasses. This can affect the progress you have made with your new multifocals.
- Move your head when looking around, not just your eyes. Point your nose to where you want to see as the centre of a multifocal lens is the clearest.
- If after 1-2 weeks, you are still struggling with your multifocal glasses, visit an Oscar Wylee near you and our friendly staff can help figure out what the issue is.